Monday, April 02, 2007

Real Moms

Jamie, in her infinite wisdom at how "real" I am, tagged me for this. Her post is brilliant. I will try my best.

  • Real moms love their kids, but always sigh a little when the peaceful quiet of naptime ends.
  • Real moms (of more than one) do a little dance when a true miracle happens - both kids nap at the same time (like now. Hence the blogging).
  • Real moms, be they workin' moms, SAHM's, WAHM's, or on odd mix of all three, just do what they feel is best for their families.
  • Real moms will let their skinny kid eat two PBJ's in one day if it means he got two solid meals.
  • Real moms can use stickers as a bribe like nobody's business.
  • Real moms know there are not enough hours in the day, so it's all about priorities.
  • Real moms sometimes let the laundry, dishes, and cleaning go if it means spending some quality time with their kids. OK, well maybe that's just me. I lack the housekeeping skills.
  • Real moms spend a good portion of the day on their kids', um, output (we're potty training right now).
  • Real moms look at their stretch marks with an odd mixture of horror, pride, and nostalgia.
  • Real moms will cry as a result of their kids' general wild antics, and then a minute later will laugh out loud...at their kids' general wild antics.
  • Real moms worry.
  • Real moms love their kids unconditionally.

Tagging Angelle & Kristen.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger texasinafrica said...

The sticker bribe thing fascinates me - why do they fall for it? I remember having a sticker collection, but not being induced to behave in exchange for a piece of sticky plastic. Amen for things that work!

4/02/2007 2:20 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

That was fun - woohoo! :)

4/04/2007 8:27 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

I had to catch up around here....love your list! I just scrolled through some previous posts, too. I hope your allergies are getting better. My daughter is suffering big time, too right now.

4/06/2007 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home