Thursday, February 22, 2007

You mean everything they said in the ad wasn't true?

Has anyone seen the ad for the Huggies Cool Alert diapers?

The basic premise (they're pull-ups, training pants, by the by) of these diapers is that, once your child wets him/herself, the diaper gets cold, and your child is so bothered by the coldness that it reinforces the idea of "diapers suck, underwear rules" that potty-training parents are trying to convey to the kids. In the ad, the boy immediately runs to the bathroom and goes after he feels how "cool" the diaper is.

Jackson was interested in the ad (he sees advertising with kids in it and tends to pay attention), and I am willing to try anything, and since they cost no more than normal Pull-Ups, and since they still have the Cars graphics on them (and since Jackson hates being cold), I thought I would give them a whirl.

These things don't work that way on my boy.

He could care less how cold those things get. He'll still sit in a wet diaper for hours if you let him. Plus, unlike regular Pull-Ups, these leave a weird residue on him sometimes - I've had to turn around and put him in the bath because a wipe won't get that stuff off. I think that's what bothers me the most.

So we're back to regular Pull-Ups. And yes, I know these things won't get him potty-trained any faster - the only reason we use them is around age 1 it got hard to get Jackson to hold still for a diaper (I think we're heading down the same road with Tucker). I think tomorrow we may go all underwear, no diaper, since we have no plans to leave the house. We'll see if he's agreeable to that.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Angelle said...

Good luck with the all underwear routine. If you take the time to do it right, it should work out okay.

2/22/2007 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home