Monday, October 02, 2006

On down Memory Lane...

Laura and Angelle blogged about this already - our class reunion. Good 'ole FHS class of '96. I won't go into the particulars of what it was like making small awkward conversation with those we've lost touch with, and catching up and having fun with others, but this past weekend did send me on a massive little trip down memory lane.

Lots of memories cropped up as we reminisced about "the good old days" (yet I remain thankful that those days are past - I'm not one of those "high school was the best ever" gals). Memories of Dwayne setting the football field on fire during the half-time show our senior year - proving that shooting a bottle rocket out of saxophone is NOT a good idea. Memories of Laura, Matt, Matt and I breaking out in Toto's "Africa" during AP English. Not getting asked to the '95 prom, so joining Leslie and Emily on "Anti-Prom" '95. Eating a whole bag of salt-n-vinegar potato chips with Skinny Lynnie on the way to visit UTK. Cruising the square with Mike D., Ben and Emily, yelling "Hicks Suck!" out the window and then praying that the car did not stall. And so on and so on.

I did not attend the formal reunion - it was expensive and I had my own reservations about going. I only missed seeing a couple of folks - would have enjoyed rehashing the friendly "class rank" rivalry with a certain Mr. Sterling - but lots of friends I had not seen in what seemed an eternity showed up for the football game Friday night, and we also had a get-together at the D'Amico residence. The football game was, in an odd way, just like old times - I had forgotten to go to the ATM, so I bummed money from my dad, and much like the old days, we went to the game yet did not watch a single minute of football.

Good times. Times that belong squarely in the past, but still, good times.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Yes, you mentioned the football field on fire! Good times. It was great to see you, and, yes, we'll stay in better touch between now and the 20th.

10/03/2006 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you young whipper snappers...my 20th reunion is next year! ACK. The football game and get together sounds fun. LOL on the forgetting the money part and cruising the square! :)

10/05/2006 6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home