Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Kid's a flippin' genius...

And I have proof...


Jack did this. ON HIS OWN. No coaching from me. He just up and did it.

Jack's been watching more Nick Jr. over Playhouse Disney these days. He's addicted to Diego, Dora and Blue's Clues. At least it's more educational, because these days we're so busy it's hard to pull him away from that TV. I finally had to cut it off this morning. Tantrum ensued. What can you say? He's two.

Anyway, I have noticed that Nick Jr. tends to air more commercials than Playhouse Disney, and with Christmas approaching (I know, it's only September, but it seems to start earlier and earlier...) the retailers are really pushing the product. Jamie already blogged about Pooper Scooper Barbie. I've also noticed a Teddy Ruxpin-esque Panda called Study Buddy Koby Bear. He's an "educational" toy, but what does the commercial start with? A joke. A bad one:

Panda Ruxpin: How do you get a handkerchief to dance?
Little girl: How?
Panda Ruxpin: You put a little boogie in it!
HA HA HA HA HA

Oh, that's education right there. Nothin' beats a nose-picking joke. And who's getting this for their kid's stocking?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO SMART!! Beaux actually started flipping through Parents magazine and flipped for some stupid toy, cried and carried on "But I want that toy mama!" Sigh.

9/13/2006 11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Jack! Yes the holiday toy commercial rush starts early. I'm kind of thankful for Tivo because it seems like we can avoid a lot of the inbetween show commercials. Don't feel too bad about TV. I fully credit Dora for Caitlin's infatuation with safety, soccer, and Spanish!

9/14/2006 7:07 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

What a great job he did. Isn't it great when you see them accomplish something on their own?
That Therapist doll may need to be in my stocking this year *LOL* How creepy!

9/17/2006 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home