Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Sevens Meme

'Cause it's late and why not...

Seven things I can’t do:

  • Drive stick shift
  • Snap my fingers
  • Roll my tongue (genetics at play, folks)
  • Cartwheels
  • Paint (not that well, at least)
  • Sew/Quilt
  • Jump out of an airplane (that seems like a won't do, but I really don't think I could let myself do that)

Seven things I can do:

  • Go to sleep when I know I should (I think I have a tinge of insomnia)
  • Read quite fast (my retention of what I read suffers though)
  • Budget (this is more of a work-thing than a home-thing; A handles household finance)
  • Speak, read, and write in Spanish (I'm horribly out of practice though)
  • Proofread (I work in publishing but not in editorial; however, my grammar and spelling are quite good)
  • Remember random facts/knowledge
  • Follow a recipe

Seven things I want to do before I die:

  • Travel the world - I hate being specific because there's a lot of places I would love to see
  • Have dinner at a fabulously expensive restaurant while wearing fabulously expensive clothes
  • Ride a horse
  • Find a four-leaf clover (my husband finds them all the time; I NEVER have)
  • Eat sushi in Japan
  • Be on Jeopardy! (assuming I could get over the stage fright)
  • Go to chef school - I don't even necessarily want to be a chef, but I'd enjoy the training

The Seven dwarves are (google is cheating!):

  • Dopey
  • Happy
  • Sneezy
  • Grumpy
  • Sleepy
  • Doc
  • Brainy - oh wait, that's a Smurf

Seven things I say most often:

  • Jackson, I said No!
  • Might could (as in, "We might could go see that movie")
  • ya'll/you guys (culture clash here)
  • Jack, do you want juice or milk?
  • If you have any questions, feel free to email or call....
  • While you're in the kitchen....
  • I don't have anything to wear.

Seven movies I love:

  • Amelie
  • Clerks
  • Napoleon Dynamite
  • Walk the Line
  • Dazed & Confused
  • Heathers (I don't often think about this one, but anytime it's on TV I will stop and watch it as if in a trance)
  • Dogma (yes, I like Kevin Smith movies)

Seven friends who are getting memed:

  • Angelle
  • Jamie
  • I don't know who else, but if you do this one just let me know!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun! I will try to do this this weekend. I'm with you on Heathers. Also, I don't think I could jump out of a plane unless someone had a loaded gun to my head. I am terrified of heights. And my husband swears our girls WILL learn to drive a stick shift. Also, I tend to have insomnia. Sigh...

7/27/2006 8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't roll my tongue either, and I've never found a four-leaf clover. I'm also a master budgeter.

I love almost all of the movies you do, too, especially Heathers and Dazed and Confused. I love that freakin' movie. "Check ya later!"

7/28/2006 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home