Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Walking Boot!

So A took me to the orthopedist today - while we were waiting, we chanted "Boot...Boot...Boot".

And so it happened that the orthopedist saw fit to put me in a walking boot vs. a cast. YAY!

I still cannot put full weight on my left leg, but at least I can put weight on my leg. I'm trying to get used to walking again with TWO legs, with the aid of my crutches. I hope to be down to one crutch at the end of the week. I also see a physical therapist Friday, so hopefully that will help me further.

Thanks to all those who expressed their "Get Well" wishes in my blog post of about 3 weeks ago. I really appreciated everyone's thoughts.

I've been especially appreciative, though, of family at this time. My cousin came all the way from northern Alabama to spend four nights with us (five days) - she played so well with Jack and brought loads of food; my mother-in-law has stayed often and been a tremendous help; my mom has come on Fridays, her day off, to haul me to the doctor or wherever else we needed to go. And my poor husband - so much has been on him these past three weeks. Hopefully I'll be back to 100% soon - I'm definitely getting there. Thank goodness for family.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! For walking boots and family. ;)

6/20/2006 8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea! That is great news. I know we rely on our family a lot. Glad the boot chant worked.

6/20/2006 9:40 PM  
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Happy day!!! I'm so glad the doctor agreed. Good luck with getting ready for the new baby!

6/20/2006 11:24 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Emily, I was just at catgight, and you cracked me up with the stayin home comment. Good call girl!

6/23/2006 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home