Friday, May 19, 2006

File This Under Things I Never Thought I Would Say

OK, I'm actually feeling a little sorry for Britney Spears.

I didn't feel sorry for her when she drove with her baby in her lap - that's just plain dumb and negligent. And the thing with her nanny and the high chair - I just don't know.

But this time - she tripped while holding her baby. She was wearing pants that were too long, and they caught on her shoes. Anyone think the media is making a bit much of this? Come on!

I'm bigger than a person my height should be, so my pants tend to be long. I can't count how many times I have nearly tripped on my pajama pants, just while walking around my house. Luckily, I was never carrying a baby.

I don't know how she is as a parent, but sheesh, national media. Shame on you. Lay off. Yes, she's not talented, and is worth more money than she should be. Yes, her husband seems a little skeazy. Yes, it looks like the girl's made some bad decisions. But this time?

She wasn't drunk and tripped. She wasn't skipping along recklessly and holding him. She wasn't dangling him in front of in alligator.

She tripped. That's all. End of story.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger mamatulip said...

I agree. I've done worse things than that and I have to admit I feel kind of bad for her being a first-time mother in the public eye. But that's what she signed up for when she decided to get pregnant, and the thing about her slipping is that in the pictures I've seen, it doesn't appear that she dropped the glass she was holding in her other hand. If I thought my kid was going to fall out of my arms I'd drop whatever I was holding in my other hand in a heartbeat, unless it was my other child. ;)

5/20/2006 7:00 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

It is like a witchhunt. What is it about the human race that makes some want to kick others when they are down? They should leave her alone.

5/20/2006 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen the pictures of her crying afterwards? I felt genuinely sorry for her when I saw those. She is really young and I can't imagine the pressure she has on her to be "perfect." Of course, like Mama Tulip I wondered why she didn't just give the glass to her bodyguard while she was walking and holding her baby? Lord knows I am not coordinated! I wouldn't want the media watching my every move. They'd have plenty of mistakes to cover.

5/20/2006 10:23 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I felt a little sympathy for her making a mistake like that in front of cameras too. But my question continues to be, "why doesn't she use a stroller?" I just don't get it.

5/26/2006 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home