Friday, May 12, 2006

Getting the man to sleep - Night Two

Last night went A LOT better than the night before. Around 8:45pm, Jack and I went down to his bedroom. Jack picked out three books - Corduroy Goes to School, Papa Please Get the Moon for Me, and his favorite, the Poky Little Puppy (which he asks for by saying "Woof").

After Jack got settled down with his blue pants, blanket and truck, we got down to reading. After PLP was read, I went over to him, told him "Mama and Daddy and Annie love you", gave him a big hug, and left.

He only cried for 5-10 minutes, and then it got really quiet in there. After a while I could here footsteps, so I said through the door "Jack, you need to lay down". Anyway, it was way too quiet in there (last night he fell asleep still protesting).

I slowly and silently opened the door, expecting to get slammed by an upset toddler who realized that maybe, just maybe, Mama had come to "save" him. Instead, nothing. I saw him, back turned to me, sitting up and staring at his Simba (from Lion King); he then lay down - on the floor - on his pillow. I closed the door.

About fifteen minutes later, I again, slowly and silently, opened the door. His back was turned to me, and he was playing with his little truck. Little stinker. This was about 9:30pm. I closed the door.

When I check in on him as it approached 10:00pm, he was sound asleep.

I think this is working.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

*clapping*

Yeah! I'm glad it is working! Oh, and isn't "Papa Please Get The Moon For Me" great? My son loved that book at Jack's age, too.

5/12/2006 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea! You'll be glad you worked on this before baby #2's arrival. And we have that book, too. I love it and so does Caitlin.

5/12/2006 3:43 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Yes, we love Papa Please Get the Moon for Me. It used to be Jack's favorite - now the Poky Little Puppy is his fave, but he still loves "The Moon Book".

5/12/2006 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home