Thursday, April 27, 2006

Happy Birthday to Jack!

Jack had a great second birthday. The party - just family really - is this Sunday, but he enjoyed a cupcake today (check out the crayon candles!):

PHOTOS DELETED

We went to the pediatrician yesterday (no shots until he's 4!) and all seems well, excepting the speech delay, of course. Jack had a speech evaluation the other day, so we're awaiting a verdict from TEIS to see if they will provide speech therapy for the man. Anyway, yesterday Jack weighed in at 25 lbs. (10-25%) and 34 1/2 inches (50%). So he's average height, and just a little bit on the skinny side, as always. The pediatrician seems to think he's growing well though, so that's always good news.

I don't think the doctor believed me when I said that he knows his colors, but when you can put about 20 blocks, crayons, anything, in front of him, ask him to pick certain colors, and he gets them right every time - well, I think he knows his colors!

Now he just needs to talk! He has finally added "Woof" to his vocabulary - all his language development has really exploded over the past 3 weeks - so I remain optimistic that some real talking is just around the corner. And once he starts talking...

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Jack and congrats on his growing vocabulary!

4/28/2006 6:44 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Happy Birthday to Jack!!

4/28/2006 7:48 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

Happy Birthday Jack!
I am impressed he is so neat about eating that cupcake...

BTW: I love the colors on your walls. Looks like the same colors in my house.

4/28/2006 11:56 PM  
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Happy Birthday, Jack!!!

4/29/2006 5:52 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

Happy Birthday!! And how weird is it for me to tell you that I love your hair in his birth photo? Seriously! It looks FAB! Not at ALL like you just had a baby. Cute cut. :-)

And Happy Birthday (again!)

4/30/2006 10:29 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Jack.

Jamie - I love hearing words come out of his mouth. He's averaging about one a week right now.

Jilly 27 - Jack's birthday is actually the 27th (I posted late, past midnight, so it does show the 28th as the date when it's not). And yes, I've been told that boys are much more prone to speech delays.

Domesticator - he can be one shockingly neat little dude when he wants to be. Of course, this evening he was stomping in puddles - he's still a boy, you know... And I'm glad you like our walls. I prefer brighter colors.

Mrs. Flinger - I'll take hair compliments! Usually I experience very bad hair days, plus I'm hair-lazy to boot. I'll have to take this photo to my hair lady, because I actually like my hair in that pic too!

5/01/2006 9:17 PM  
Blogger Carrien Blue said...

Hi EMily, Thanks for stopping by to visit and leaving a note.

My boy was completely uninterested in talking until he was well past two. HE did however need to conquer EVERY piece of apparatus at the playground.

He eventually figured out that words are useful and avoid the total frustration of being completely misunderstood by your parents. HE's four now and speaks in complete, often grammatically correct, sentences and has a vocabluary which grows at alarming rates and picks up words in ways that are completely mysterious to me.

I figure it's normal for boys to wait on the talking front, they have fewer speech centers in their brain than girls do.

5/02/2006 10:38 AM  
Blogger Bridgermama said...

Happy belated Birthday Jack! What a handsome little dude! Maybe Jack will start talking when B starts crawling? Never mind, you want Jack talking before he goes to kindergarten.

5/03/2006 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home