Monday, July 17, 2006

How do I love thee, Matchbox?

We've been trying to get Jack to at least SIT on the potty, off and on, very low pressure, for the past few months.

I was trying to think of ways to bribe him to try to pee in the potty when A came up with the most brilliant of ideas.

Matchbox Cars.

After trying for the past few days, Jack finally peed in the potty tonight, to enormous applause from his Mommy and Daddy. And he got his car.

We're so proud.

In Baby 2 news - we had an ultrasound last Friday and this kid's going to be bigger - an estimated weight of 8 lbs. (Jack was born at 7 lbs.) and a head in the 99th percentile (eek!) which makes me a little nervous about delivery. Hopefully we'll get to meet this fellow soon!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

OMG...99th%? Ouch...When are you due, Emily?

Matchbox cars...what a great idea!

7/18/2006 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea Jack! We used candy as bribery with Caitlin. I'm sure the childcare experts are rolling their eyes!

Aren't you glad you aren't trying for natural childbirth? ;)

7/18/2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Yay, Jack! As for #2, oh, wow. I mean, Wow. I'll pray for you!

7/18/2006 2:04 PM  
Blogger Tearfree said...

Is he there yet?

Now if only we all believed in physiognomy where Head size 99th percentile = Brain size 99th percentile.

Best of luck.

7/19/2006 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Am jealous dangit!

7/20/2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Yay! My parents used Matchbox cars with my brother :) Ha ha...

Can't wait to meet Baby 2! I know he'll be just as cute as Jack!

7/22/2006 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home