Sunday, July 16, 2006

If this kid doesn't turn out playing music some day...

I'll be surprised.

Jack found A's mandolin that I bought for him in a market in Mexico (Guadalajara, maybe?) several years ago for about US$30. He thinks it's the coolest, probably because he sees his Daddy playing guitar and wants to be like him. In addition to the two guitars of A's, we also have drums, which he loves (what kid wouldn't?), and my old keyboard, which he loves too (he quickly figured out the 'demo' button when he was about 1 year old - lil' smartypants). We can have my parents' piano whenever we want - we just lack the space for it right now. Then there's the violin A got as a Christmas gift several years ago that neither of us can play, and the flute (I was a band gal) that I plan to sell because I don't know how to play it anymore, nor do I care to take the time and effort to learn it again. Then there's our iRiver loaded with well over 1,000 songs, and his genetic predisposition for loving music from both A and I - if this kid doesn't turn out loving music, there's nothing more that can be done.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home