Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Still around...

Blogging is hard with two boys! Scratch that - life is a serious adjustment when you go from one kiddo to two. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome - I love these boys more than I ever thought possible - but it's a serious adjustment. Personal time is VERY hard to find these days - life is very full.

I was telling my friend the other day that you forget about how life is with a newborn. Much like childbirth, you just kind of wipe that out of your head. I think God did that so we'd keep on reproducing... You forget so quickly about those 1am diaper changes, about getting hosed during said diaper change, about surviving on so little sleep.... But with a second child (or third, fourth, etc...) you have a better feeling about it - a knowledge that he will grow so very quickly, that the newborn phase will pass by in a blink, and next thing you know, he'll be walking and talking.

Jack has been adjusting famously - better than I thought he might. He loves when Tucker is in the bouncy seat - Jack will turn on the bouncy seat and its keyboard and just watch... There's been very little reverting - wanting to watch the Baby Einstein DVDs again (all the time), and some more "yelling", which sounds like Tucker's crying - Jack's a smart cookie, and I am sure he has realized that Tucker's needs are met almost instantaneously.

Speaking of Jack, speech therapy started about a month ago, but by that time Jack had 50 words! He now has about 150 words, and strings them together quite well - ex. "I get ball", "Mommy do it" (his favorite sentence to say these days). So the speech therapist is primarily concentrating on pronunciation.

Anyway, I'm probably pushing it by posting so much - the boys are napping, but Tucker is quite the voracious eater and I'm sure he will be up any moment - but here are some photos:

Ever seen jaundice? That's what it looks like. Cleared up within a couple of days, but boy did we have a little pumpkin there for a while...

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger texasinafrica said...

They are so cute! Glad the jaundice is gone, and that you're having fun. Hang in there - you'll be getting sleep again soon!

8/15/2006 4:09 PM  
Blogger Angelle said...

You are absolutely right about forgetting. I have forgotten all but the good and am now ready to do it all again. I am glad Jack is doing so well as a big brother. Glad the jaundice cleared up so quickly. Did it clear up on its own? I can't wait to see the new little one!

8/15/2006 7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What cute boys! Glad Jack is adjusting to his new role as big brother and doing so well with the speech therapy! It's an adjustment for everyone going from one to two. Hang in there and take all the offers of help you get! They start to dwindle. ;)

8/15/2006 8:13 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

They are so sweet, Emily. Having two is harder....but, give it about three months, and all will be easier.

8/16/2006 7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are so sweet!

8/17/2006 1:55 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Emily, they are so cute! Hope to see you all soon! Tucker, Addie, and Holland will have a blast in a few months, I bet! Oh, and thank you for my blog comment - I'd love to be added to your list, and can I add you to mine? :)

8/23/2006 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home