Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Circus, Mooching, and Miss Georgia got Robbed!

Today I bought tickets to the circus! We're going next Sunday - Ringling Bros. is coming to Gaylord Entertainment Center in Nashville, and we've decided that Jack MUST go. We got pretty good seats too. We're excited.

Oh - the photo at left has no relevance to today's blog - I just took it at Standing Stone State Park a few months back, and thought this posting needed a photo.

Jack totally mooched his meals today. He's never really hungry unless it's our food. This morning we didn't even bother with getting Jack's breakfast because he ate 1/3 of his Daddy's banana, mooched off his Daddy's TWO bowls of Cheerios (Addam had to get a second bowl because Jack ate so much of his first) and then mooched off my one bowl of Cheerios. At least he ate a good breakfast. He then mooched lunch after church.

Movie review - Heather (SIL) saw Brokeback Mountain and gave it a big thumbs-down. Not due to content really so much as she just thought the story was bad. Heather made us dinner Saturday night, which was wonderful. A Paula Deen recipe (Mexican Chicken), so you can't hardly go wrong with the choice there. We then watched Miss America and dogged out some of the contestants before they got down to the top 10, because somehow it's just fun to dog out beauty contestants from the comfort of your home. We were so rooting for Miss Georgia to win, because she had a better dress and played piano quite well, but Miss Oklahoma won. Heather thinks she won because she's taller; I think her "Ugly Duckling at 12" story did it. Either way, Miss Georgia got robbed. Robbed, I tell you!

Songs that randomly came up on my computer/iRiver selection as I wrote this:

  • "My Poor Brain" - Foo Fighters (not too random, but I had to pick something to get this rolling).
  • "Maybe I'll Come Down" - Soul Coughing - they're not together anymore and have not been for quite some time, but there's not another band like them. Addam actually saw them at Riverstages when I was living in Mexico, right before they broke up, and said the drummer was just so cool to watch - he didn't look up from his drums the whole time and was just so good and into it. I wish I could have seen them live. Sigh.)
  • "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground" - White Stripes - OK, I skipped this because I'm just not in the mood. Next.
  • "For All the Cows" - Foo Fighters - off the first album
  • "Cabin Down Below" - Tom Petty - skipped it. And you know, I have a lot of Tom Petty downloaded from CD's back in high school, and I even went to his 1995 concert and bought the T-shirt, but I really have to be in the mood to listen to him now.
  • "Stand Up (For It)" - Dave Matthews Band - this is Addam's CD, and I'm not in the mood for it right now - skipped.
  • "Knock Knock" - The Hives - the Veni Vidi Vicious album is always good for a high energy song.
  • Skipped a Dixie Chicks song - "Heartbreak Town" - downer
  • "In Other Words" - Ben Kweller - the whole Sha Sha is wonderful. I'm ending my blogging for the night with this one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Jack will love the circus! My dad and I took Caitlin to the Shrine Circus last fall and she loved all the animals (but was afraid of the clowns). Beautiful photograph, by the way!

1/23/2006 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home