Friday, January 20, 2006

Trading Spaces & Co., Eat Your Heart Out

I can makeover a bath room for just around $20.

Here's the before - our"adult" bathroom, complete with shower curtain from Target we received as a wedding gift and Bombay wall plaque purchased way back when I was an employee and we had the temp store "everything must go" sale:


Here's the after:

Jack loves the curtain. We spent about ten minutes in the bathroom today while he stared at his new curtain and pointed at things. He's too funny. We need to take him to an aquarium soon - he'd love it.

So how did I accomplish this amazing frugal transformation?

  • Shower Curtain - Old Time Pottery - $5 - unfortunately I found out that the low, low price was due to "Irregularity" on the curtain, meaning there is a slight incline at the bottom because they took in some fabric at the top. I think I can fix it, if I want, but I don't think it's going to be necessary.
  • Fish Shower Curtain Hooks, matching toothbrush holder, soap tray, and tub grippies - in the $1 section at Target - what luck! I had to buy 3 sets of the hooks to get 12, so I spent a total of $6 on this.
  • Orange Bath Mat and Hand Towel (not pictured) - Target - regular price, I think around $5.99 or $6.99 for the mat and $3.99 for the towel.
  • Fish Scarf on Wall - Free, at least to me! Dad bought that for me in Japan when he went about 15 years ago.

I still would like one more picture or something to put on the wall, but I am very pleased with this frugal transformation. And the best part - I didn't have to paint! I just painted those walls 2.5 years ago - I'm not doing it again, at least not anytime soon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well aren't you a decorating diva? I love the paint color...I wouldn't have changed that either. Jack would love the TN Aquarium. We went in October and loved it.

1/22/2006 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home