Thursday, February 09, 2006

Daily Hijinks

It's supposed to snow here in Middle Tennessee tomorrow night, which means we'll wake up to it Saturday morning when I have to go to work. Sigh. As long as it's not icy, we're OK. I can handle the 2"-4" of snow they're calling for, as long as there's no ice.

Jack and I hauled out the fingerpainting stuff today. He seemed SO very excited about this little activity (which I always do right before a bath - just makes my life a little easier). Well, I get out all the fingerpainting supplies - spread the tablecloth on the floor below his highchair; spread the second tablecloth on the table to prevent the nice paint from getting on the nice kitchen table; get out the paper; get out the paper plate to squirt the paint on; get out the paints. Jack climbs into his highchair so fast - he's that excited. I remove his shirt (so it's not ruined), add his Crayola smock, and let him have at it. AND - he decides that he does not want squishy paint all over his hands. Just decides it's too gross for his delicate fingers. So after about five minutes of me going "See, we did this the other day, how fun", I ask if he wants a bath - he hauls down from the highchair and RUNS to the bathroom. The kid likes to be clean; what can I say?

After looking all over the internet for toddler bedding options, we have found NOTHING that Addam and I can agree upon for "big boy" bedding for Jack. So I've decided, with the help of my wonderful mother-in-law, to make the quilt for his bed (this will not be a complicated quilt, as my sewing skills are quite limited). So soon we'll be off to the fabric store to find some suitable material for Jackman's bed. Wish us luck.

Oh, and for Laura - I'm sure you know that Nick got cut from Project Runway, and Chloe won! That leaves Chloe, Santino, Daniel, and Kara. Amazingly, Kara was a close 2nd this week, and if Daniel had not gained immunity he very well may have been axed. Who will make the final 3?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am excited about the possible snow...I'll admit! I hope the roads aren't icey, though, for your sake. And be careful in the lobby at work...I busted my booty last winter when I was pregnant and it scared the heck out of me!

2/10/2006 6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home