Friday, February 24, 2006

Jack's Movin' On Up...

Last night we went furniture shopping for the little man. Where else but the Big K to buy a toddler bed and chifferobe (just love that word). Here's what we got, photos courtesy of KMart:

The chifferobe is still waiting to be assembled, but Addam put the bed together last night. When Jack woke up this morning (6:15, as always, just in time to catch the end of The Wiggles), he giggled upon his new find in the den. Threw a fit when Addam and I moved the bed to his room. Giggled upon realizing that the new bed will stay in his room. Pitched a massive fit when we moved the mattress from his crib to his bed. We finally just left him alone in his room, to sort things out and mourn the loss of his crib. After a few minutes, he emerged for some milk and Higglytown Heroes.

Well, here he is not two hours later:

PHOTOS DELETED

He spent a good portion of his day in his bedroom. Wow. The kid likes his new bed.

So the plan tonight was - well, let's let him get used to the bed. He'll sleep in his crib for a couple of nights, and then we will try to transition him over.

Well, since kiddo took a one hour nap today (he usually sleeps for at least two hours, allowing me to take care of office stuff and get a "me" break), he was a little tuckered out around 7:45pm (8:30 being his normal bedtime). So we went back to his room and he laid on the bed, people. I read him a few stories - Oh, David!, Dr. Seuss's ABC Book, and The Runaway Bunny.

I then tried to leave him alone to fall asleep. Unfortunately, that did not work out. He ran out of his room and brought me his potty book to read to him. Luckily, he did get back into his bed. I got the beloved blue pants, and after reading the potty book, we both laid down - me on the floor, and him in his bed. He was asleep by about 8:45. Not too shabby for his first night in his toddler bed.

He's sleeping peacefully in his new bed right now. Let's hope this lasts all night.

Oh, and this has nothing to do with the above, but at the library's storytime the other day, the librarian read one of my favorite books from my childhood, The Little House. I have to buy that book now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Great new bed, and I'm still loving his curley little head.

2/25/2006 5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like he is adjusting well to the big-boy bed! I still have to lie down and read to Caitlin until she falls asleep. The Little House is one of my all-time favorites.

2/25/2006 8:08 PM  
Blogger texasinafrica said...

this is so cute!

3/02/2006 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home