Monday, March 13, 2006

Who reads this, anyway?

We've been moving a lot of Jack's baby things to what will be his little brother's room, so I thought I'd post this photo that I've always liked of one of Jack's toys (photo taken last May):


I've just always like that photo, so I am sharing it with all you fine folks this evening.

Anyway. I know I have some friends and family that read things on this blog from time to time and don't comment, and I know there are folks that I don't really know that read my blog from time to time that found me via my comments on their blog or a link on another's blog. So, an informal poll to satisfy my curiosity - do you read the blog, and how'd you get here? Friends and family, I know how you got here, so if you just want to shout "hello" I'd appreciate it.

Has anyone seen the Blogshares website? I googled my blog to see where it pops up, and it popped up here (actually, Laura's blog popped up first - you're worth B$3,094.91 in fake blog stock, Laura!). My blog is not quite so highly valued - just B$1,166.56. Apparently, Blogshares is a "fantasy stock market for weblogs. Players get to invest a fictional $500, and blogs are valued by incoming links.". I don't know how I feel about my site being on this fake market, but don't know what could be done about it, either. According to this it seems pretty harmless.

6 Comments:

Blogger texasinafrica said...

That's hilarious! Thanks, Emily! How do we make your stock go up?

3/13/2006 4:10 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

I read!

3/13/2006 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm a regular. :)

3/13/2006 1:12 PM  
Blogger city dweller said...

I read. It's funny because I never remember how I found a blog. It's always through a blog of another of another of another's comments or something!

3/15/2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Laura - I don't know how the stock thing works. Maybe how many people play this game and "buy" us? Maybe how many links to us? I don't know.

Thanks for all the "readers" chiming in - I read all your blogs too!

3/16/2006 8:03 AM  
Blogger RB said...

I read!

3/20/2006 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home