Friday, December 01, 2006

Making Peace with Tinky Winky

OK, so Jack loves the Teletubbies.

I've never been a fan. They're just plain weird with the laughing baby in the sun. And forget any shred of educational value. Add to something I read months back (can't find the article now) of a link between Teletubbies and language delays (thank goodness Jack is about a year ahead of where he's supposed to be), and I'd rather not watch them.

But I've made my peace. They REALLY make Jack laugh, and as with all things on the tube, this will be a phase and within a few weeks he probably won't care for them.

I've decided they're the toddler equivalent to Weekend at Bernie's. No value whatsoever, just a dumb laugh. And laughing is never a bad thing. So I guess I can abide Tinky Winky until Jack's over it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL -- Oliver caught a glimpse of the Telletubbies the other day and was *spellbound*. I'll take it, if it means half an hour of silence. I put up with Barney on Julia's behalf, so it's only fair, right?

12/01/2006 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neither of my girls have really found the Teletubbies attractive....or Barney...THANK THE LORD! ;)

12/02/2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

Hey, whatever makes them happy, right? I will tell you that my kids outgrew them VERY fast. Give it another few months...

12/04/2006 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home