Thursday, October 05, 2006

He's a Charmer, Ain't He?

Tucker at 2 months....

PHOTO DELETED

Watch him work that grin! He is a big smiler - loves being talked and sung to, and loves sitting up.

After a rough day today (translation: Jack went two days in a row without taking a nap, and was extra crabby and independent as a result, meaning loads of fun for me), I decided I need to pay some more attention to myself. This probably sounds very selfish, but I have neglected hobbies that I think I should take more time for. For example, I bought Adobe Elements from Amazon back in May to further my photography (not that I'm any sort of professional) and have yet to open the box. That is just sad.

So I am uploading the software tonight, just after posting this blog. I owe it to myself. I think I'll be less stressed as a result, therefore making me a better mom to the boys, and a better wife to A.

I'm also getting back into piano. I played for several years, and in addition to that played keyboard, flute, and mallets all during high school. I then quit cold turkey upon entering college. I am really missing it these days, so A and I have decided to purchase this nice piece of equipment:



The beauty is that, not only will I enjoy playing this thing - making memories with the boys of playing music for them and with them - but also, I want both boys to at least try to learn playing the piano, something you just can't do with a keyboard, which is what I have now. I tried this out at Sam Ash the other day and it sounds awesome; plus it's smaller than a real piano and easier to maintain (no tuning; should we ever decide to move one day we would not have to hire movers just for one piece). So I'm selling my old keyboard; a Concertmate 900, for $50. Any takers?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Angelle said...

Taking time for you is SO important, probably more so the more kids you have. Good for you taking control!

10/08/2006 7:08 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

It is not selfish of you to take some time out and do things you enjoy without your boys. They will benefit much more from a happy mom, then a tired, cranky one! :)
Enjoy your photography and your piano. Revel in your passions!

10/08/2006 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute photo! I'm glad to read that you are pursuing your interests. I think you definitely have a talent for photography. Happy moms must take time out for themselves!

10/09/2006 12:48 PM  
Blogger texasinafrica said...

The picture's just too cute! And hooray for having a life!

10/10/2006 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home