Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Playin' with my new toy...


Wasp, originally uploaded by TNEmily.

I got a new lens (Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG APO Macro Telephoto Zoom Lens).

I am really liking it so far. It doesn't have IS (image stabilization) like my kit lens, but then again I couldn't shell out for one of them fancy lenses. For its price range, the Sigma rated well on Amazon. I am pretty pleased. Still learning the ropes on macro shots. Took this of the wasp from about five feet away - because I am not going to get close to one!

On a side note, Jackson saw a wasp in our yard today and said "Oh" and stepped back a couple of feet. That kid has great instincts. I am trying not to pass my bug phobia on to him but I think he realized that you don't want to mess with a wasp. Mean things.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Emily, that is such a cool shot! Love it!

5/23/2007 9:52 AM  
Blogger NaeNae said...

Wow! What a neat photo!

6/03/2007 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home